Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The 1st Training Begins today...

Posted by Ted; 8:26 am on Wednesday, 13 May. 

At 1:00 pm today, we open with our first 3-day Training. I am excited to meet more of the Lutheran pastors here -- I have heard so many good things about them over the years.

Yesterday, Francis and I made some adjustments to our teaching plan, and made our last reviews of the material. Although the material is quite familiar, every new setting and each new group of people brings a fresh perspective that deserves preparation. And, as is true for most teaching opportunities, I expect to learn a great deal from our participants.

Although I don't have my luggage yet, I was able to talk to someone by phone yesterday afternoon and learned that my bags arrived in Adelaide, but they were having trouble reaching me. After reviewing the contact information, I and my friend on the phone realized that I had given them an incorrect area code. So, with that being corrected, I was told that the bags should arrive sometime today.

Last evening, after a full round of golf and walking around the city, and still not yet fully adjusted to our time differences, Francis and I were feeling very tired by 6:00 pm. We resisted going to be too early so that our bodies will adjust. And, today that's quite important since today's last teaching session is in the evening. May God give us the energy to be quite awake for our work!

With King David, we proclaim: "I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High" (Psalm 9:1-2). 

No comments:

Post a Comment