Monday, May 11, 2009

We're Not In Kansas Anymore, Toto

Wow. We're finally here. Well, all of us but Ted's luggage. Apparently they couldn't get the door to the luggage compartment open on the airplane. It's been 12 hours but there is still no sign of the luggage.
Anyways, my plane landed early so I had to wait for Ted to arrive. While I was out with the rest of the people, I got a chance to observe the joyous reunions that take place. Children jumping into their parents arms, lovers kissing, families embracing. There was even one fellow who tackled he buddy as he was coming off the plane. Either they missed each other or it was a Aussie Rules Football game.
Spent the rest of the day meeting with the South Australia District President and his staff. Great bunch of people who have worked diligently to put these events together. Of course, Ted has some of the materials in his luggage, so we need to get his lugaage. Then wondered around and had dinner. Now I'm exhausted and having a tough time keeping my eyes open.
Enough for tonight. To my family and friends: I miss you tons.
Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment